Creating the Ultimate Outdoor Fitness Experience ® ™
Thursday, May 27th
11:00 - 12:10 pm
Outdoor gyms are rising in popularity as amenities that provide free fitness opportunities in community-building social settings. Join Allison Abel, Director of Marketing with Greenfields Outdoor Fitness, to learn design practices that maximize usage by diverse demographics of varying ages and ability levels. Safety concerns and ADA requirements will also be addressed.
1. Understand the various functions outdoor gyms can serve and list the unique benefits they hold for local communities
2. Explore design concepts and how to select the best units to maximize usage
3. Explain how ADA requirements relate to outdoor gyms and how create truly inclusive exercise environments
4. Understand ASTM regulations related to outdoor gyms and how to address safety concerns
Director of Marketing
Greenfields Outdoor Fitness
Allison Abel draws from years of experience assisting in project planning and interactions with end users in the field to inform her knowledge base of proven strategies to increase the effectiveness of outdoor gyms. Allison has presented at the National Parks & Recreation Association Annual Conference, California Parks & Recreation Association Annual Conference, and the Conference on the Value of Play, and has authored articles for leading industry publications including Parks & Recreation and Recreation Management.
- 0.1 CEU’s offered to those in attendance at the live session.